Have information about wood poles when you need it, wherever you are with this free app for iOS, Android and Windows smartphones, tablets
The new Wood Pole Guide app provides critical information needed to properly specify and use treated wood poles in an easy-to-use form.
Available exclusively from the North American Wood Pole Council, the app is available as a free download for iPhone and Android phones and iPad and Android tablets.
The full featured app includes the following:
- ANSI Dimension Calculator to determine the circumference 6 ft. from the butt end of the pole, based on the species, length, minimum top circumference and class (Also available in Excel for your PC)
- Pole Weight Estimator to provide the range of weights for each species, based on the length and class of the pole (Also available in Excel for your PC)
- Listing of AWPA Use Categories and preservative treatment standards
- Details on preservatives used for wood poles
- Technical Bulletins providing design and engineering information for wood poles
- Case Histories documenting the performance and advantages of wood poles
- A searchable directory listing contact information for the leading preserved wood utility pole and crossarm manufacturers in the U.S. and Canada
Utilities, engineers and others can utilize the app to make informed decisions on specifying wood poles for their specific need and area.
Click the links below or scan the QR code to download the app: